Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Underwear for Ethiopia- HUGE SUCCESS!!!!!

It started with boxes like this...

And, it soon turned into rubbermaid bins packed to the top...

With underwear of all sizes and gender...

And, the results are...
Together we are sending OVER 1,220 pairs of Underwear to Children living in Orphanages in Ethiopia. My initial goal was 100... I am amazed and thankful. Not only does this serve the basic need... BUT IT LETS THEM KNOW THEY ARE LOVED, VALUED, CARED FOR & THOUGHT OF!!!!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT PARTICIPATED!!!
And, a special thanks to my fellow blogger who ran a drive in her neighborhood for us... she was able to collect 431 pairs of underwear and then shipped them all to me to take to Ethiopia. Karen you and your friends and family inspire me.

1 comment:

Karen Phillips said...

woohoo!! from one undy lady to another...i had so much fun doing this project with you...thanks for the idea and for letting me help:)! so so happy for your family! YOU ARE LEAVING FOR ETHIOPIA TODAY...can you believe you will finally have that sweet boy in your arms? yayyyyyy!!!! thanks for your kind words...you are so sweet!