Thursday, October 8, 2009

Almost there...


I am going crazy lately. You see my home study is done and immigration received their notarized copy... but my copy for myself and the one I need notarized for my agency are M.I.A.!!!! I told my social worker I would be patient until this Friday (she mailed it on Sept. 23rd) and then I would need new ones sent to me. But, today my patience is gone and I just want to drive to their office and pick up new copies.
In the meantime I have been trying to not drive my doctor too crazy b/c he had to re-do our medical certificates b/c his notary did not put the proper language on the form for my dossier. I was nervous after I called and emailed him with no response. But, today he emailed me that he was available and had the new document ready if a notary could be there today. I grabbed my phone (thank goodness for the iphone) and I was able to find a notary experienced with dealing with international adoption paperwork and who would accept a paypal payment b/c the doctor was nearly 2 hours away from me at his hospital today. And, the mission was a success!!!! Whew...
So, once my home study makes it to me I can finally send everything to be authenticated. Keep your fingers crossed that the authentication process goes smoothly. Man o' man am I nervous about sticking all this paperwork in the mail. But, at least I am feeling a little closer. A quick side note I started listening to the basic amharic cd in my car today. But, for some reason the only thing that I can recall learning is "I am your mommy". It's okay though I have a long wait ahead of me so hopefully I will learn more in the meantime.

3 comments:

writex3 said...

Oh, isn't it all just insane??! Hang in there.

Kelly said...

It is all SO much work. Very crazy at times. I love, though, that the phrase you remember is "I am your mommy." That's a very important phrase - and probably one that if you keep thinking of, will keep you sane during these crazy times!

Zoe said...

Amber, You're getting closer! Congrats. Let me know what you think of that language program - it will soon be time for us to start learning some words and phrases, too.